Thursday 21 June 2012

Random acts of kindness.......... reasons to be cheerful

Gnobody laugh ... oh go on then if it cheers you up!


Reasons to be cheerful.........

OK this is going to be a big ask this week as if you have seen my last couple of posts i am feeling poorly and  have renovation fatigue syndrome.

 However i am a glass half full kinda girl and with a boy as cute as a gnome how can i fail to look on the bright side of any situation.

My first reason to be cheerful is thanks to two very nice men who have been today and pruned the very large pine tree and laurel blocking any light coming into our kitchen. Our house has been over shadowed since we moved in by some very over grown trees that belong to the council.
Try as we might the council have been very reluctant despite my efforts or my paying council tax for their services to come out and cut back the trees.

 Today however on a walk to the shop a couple of workers were pruning trees a few streets away and i got chatting to them and explained my plight, kindly they said they would come round and help. Amazingly twenty minuets later they arrived and pruned away and within an hour hey presto we had light streaming through the kitchen window and seeing the sunlight coming in made me very cheerful.

What made me even more cheerful though was the kindness of the two men who went out of their way and finished work a little bit late this evening to help to make someones life easier.
Things like this restore my faith in human nature and make me really cheerful.

My next reason to be cheerful is a very lovely blogger Mummy plum who i admire very much as she writes so beautifully has awarded me as one of her beautiful bloggers. This really made my day to be admired by one of my favorite blogs, sometimes you can wonder  does anyone like what i have to say and it was really lovely to get this feedback. It also made me think...... i try to comment as much as i can but sometimes i will read a post and think that's interesting but not stop and tell the writer. I will definitely be making more of an effort from now on to comment more and try to often find ways to make someones day and let them know i think they are special.

That's my reasons to be cheerful this week if you would like to take part in reasons to be cheerful head on over to mummy from the heart and join in.

You could also share the blog love by popping over  and visiting other blogs finding more reasons to be cheerful



Thought of the day .................. Small gestures can make a big impact.



20 comments:

  1. Lovely reason's to be cheerful and I love the picture of your lil guy with the gnomes!!! What a lovely thing for those workers to do, nothing beats a bit of natural light through the window! Congratulations on your award, always nice to have a little bit of recognition

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou its my favorite picture of him it never fails to make me smile we have it in a frame with the quote gnobody laugh and of course you always do xx

      Delete
  2. Well done on your beautiful bloggers award, and Mummy plum is one of my favs too! What a lovely thing to have happened, for those guys to come around and sort out your foliage problem - great that you have light now. Does put your faith back in people doesnt it? Your little boy looks gorgeous .... now which ones are the real gnomes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Day Light cheers everyone up and lovely that the men were my hero's for a day xx The real gnome is definately the one in the middle little monkey !! x

      Delete
  3. Great reasons to be cheerful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Acts like that from people are what make me feel most empowered in life - like this reminder of how much good there is in humanity and our world. That overall there are more good people than bad. And better than just good - selfless people. And speaking as a woman - gentlemen still exist! YES!

    And congrats on your award!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really empowering to see humanity exsists in the world i agree, there are more good people than bad sometimes maybe we just don't stop and notice. I am so pleased there are still gentlemen im an old fashioned girl at heart xx

      Delete
  5. Aww, great reasons to be cheerful! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thankyou everyone for the lovely comments sharing the blog love makes me even more cheerful, im on my way now to visit you all xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another lovely example of a random act of kindness added in email .......

    Village Mama UK has left a new comment on your post "Random acts of kindness.......... reasons to be ch...":

    Congrats on the 'Beautiful Blogger' award! How cute is your gnome! Isn't it wonderful when you come across people who just want to help you out? About 15 years ago I'd had a horrible flight back from Italy. It was my birthday and just as I stepped foot into my train back home the whole of Victoria station was evacuated! I had to find out which bus to get and once the bus had arrived I went to pay the driver and realised I only had Lire in my purse! I just wanted to go home and I think the lady behind me saw the look on my face and paid my fare for me. I'll never forget that lady. What seems such a small thing to those good people has such a lasting impression on their lucky benefactors.
    Really enjoying your blog Catherine-I'm learning a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats a really lovely story that again restores your faith in people and how lovely that the person made such an impression you remember it 15 years later.

      Im not sure why your comment only went to my email but i wanted to share it with everyone so added it for you manually. May need to check your comment settings so that people can come over and visit your lovely blog xx

      Delete
  8. Love that pic! Sometimes strangers can really surprise us and it's amazing the difference some extra light masks

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, I love those people who came and helped you. Give sme a real warm glow and as for your son as the gone - super cute!

    Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Helen Alex Murray is a Vancouver based abstract artist painting out of the East Side Studios. Helen started painting at the Shadbolt Centre in Burnaby, BC, in her youth and was chosen to join the ranks in their selected Young Artists program where she participated in small group showings and solo exhibits. Helen then moved to Toronto to attend Ryerson University until her graduation when she came back home to Vancouver to be inspired by the ocean and mountains of the west coast. Helen now paints professionally, her work motivated by the overlap of feelings and mood through movement and layer of colour. Her paintings resize overwhelming and complicated moments into manageable bursts of expression. The expanse of colour and shapes is often contrasted by a bed of white, using glossy metallic and mother of pearl elements to finish the images. Let her paintings chase the shadows and trace the light in your life.
    https://www.helenalexmurray.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank for your valuable blog. West Walker Steel is a leader in selling steel and buying steel! We've been in the secondary steel industry for a combined 250 years, making us a leading steel broker across the US. Get more information please visit here Secondary Steel Indianapolis

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've read your blog. Wrote a lot of beautiful. Ours have a website for Home sell, please visit for details We buy houses Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  13. The website is looking bit flashy and it catches the visitors eyes. Design is pretty simple and a good user friendly interface. Diversity

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gangaur Realtech is a professionally managed organisation specializing in real estate services where integrated services are provided by professionals to its clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying or investing in real estate. The Random Blogger

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely picture! Sometimes strangers can really surprise us and it's amazing the difference some extra light masks. Custom Printed Packaging Boxes With logo

    ReplyDelete